Skip to main content

Hi Planview friends,

Does anyone have a quick reference guide for their end users on when to use which product to use for what? We use Planview Portfolios, ProjectPlace, AgilePlace, IdeaPlace and Roadmaps.  We are a large organization so we frequently are talking about “What is Planview”, “What Product should I use for my specific purpose”, “What is the difference between AgilePlace and ProjectPlace?”.  

Although I feel I have a good handle on explaining them, it does take a bit and I wondered if there was a good one pager or site to address these questions most efficiently.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @millertj2 , please check out Planview's interactive Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Journey Mapping tool , this outlines the breadth, depth, and maturity of Planview’s PPM solutions and the value they bring.

The building blocks of these solutions are capabilities, which encapsulate the business outcomes, process steps, best practices, and analytics and reports that ultimately deliver this value.

Journey Mapping Tool

Here's the exciting part: the tool is interactive! Click on any Planview product, and it will highlight the specific capabilities associated with it. But that's not all! You'll also get access to valuable best practice tips, helping you get the most out of each product and its capabilities 

Pawan Raju

@millertj2 

Some quick feedback for you….

Portfolios - this is the “portfolio layer” across all you work and resources, so investment planning, financials, governance, resource assignment to work, cost management…

If you are bringing a team TOGETHER to deliver a PROJECT, then use a connected ProjectPlace (there’s a clue in the name ;-)) for the team to collaborate to do their detailed work.

If you are flowing “process” work through persistent teams, then use AgilePlace.

A single Portfolios project can have work managed in ProjectPlace AND other work managed in AgilePlace

IdeaPlace is upstream and is for the massed to contribute ideas and collaborate and use the power of the crowd.

Roadmaps allows you to visualise work from Portfolios and ProjectPlace for communication purposes. You can also start future potential work in Roadmaps and send it to Portfolios/AgilePlace.

Other potential resources for learning more:

Joining the dots between Project Planning and Delivery: Portfolios + Connected ProjectPlace

Joining the dots between Project Planning and Delivery: Portfolios + Connected AgilePlace