Skip to main content
Solved

Can you add a roadmap to dashboards?

• 26 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a team requesting to add their portfolio roadmap to a dashboard to visually show all of their projects. The dashboard is intended for a VP, so they want them to go to one place for all the information they need (versus the dashboard + portfolio for the roadmap).

Does anyone know how to add a roadmap to the dashboard? I have heard it can be done by pulling the Roadmap URL in via an i-Frame, but cannot find any documentation on how to do that. 

If you go to the Portfolio, then in the WorkPlan, you can go to Utilities menu and there’s a “Roadmap View” button.  This opens a new window for the Roadmap, and there is a Share button.  This enables you to generate a “Roadmap only” widget link, which on the next window allows you to wrapper with an iFrame also.

I’ve not tried adding this to a dashboard, I think I used it in status reporting.  But, hopefully that’s a good starting point for you?

Hi… to expand on Andy’s suggestion…

You could create a custom page on dashboard in which you embed the roadmap widget link and have it displayed in the dashboard under the condition that the ‘dashboard X is being opened… otherwise it would appear in any dashboard that any user created/creates.

Please be aware however it would not become part of that graph 2-column or 3-column layout, but would probably appear beneath the graph section - similar to the discussion panel.