Skip to main content

Hello Planview Community. Does anyone have experience setting capacity for various user groups? We’ve set our global settings for all employee capacity to be x hour days (
i.e. 7.5) but this varies by region. I’ve tried setting the group calendar hours to be 8 hours for specific region groups but it’s not reflected in the user’s available capacity (still shows 7.5 H for example). 

Would appreciate any experience you all may have with setting various capacities by user/group. 

Thank you!

Hi Kayla, 

Could the users be part of the other group where you are specifying 7.5 hours? Also check the Organization (Global) level calendar settings to see if you are configured for 7.5 or 8 hours a day. You can also verify which calendar the user is using by going to the User property card » edit calendar » Calendar settings » Base calendar. The Base Calendar will let you know which calendar the user is getting the data from. 

Hi Kayla,

Once you've set up the regional calendar in the regional group, did you apply it to all members of the regional group? I sometimes overlook that step 😅

Best! 

Maca