Skip to main content
Question

Change user button appears along with usernames for Team Member license users in Timesheets. Did we miss something?

• 6 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there - The Change User button is appearing on timesheets even though the following are unselected in the System Settings, is this not have to change the visibility of the ‘Change User’ feature?

Thanks.

Hi bc1, unfortunately there’s no easy way to hide that button. Normally ribbon buttons are managed in Profiles, but this particular button isn’t one that can be removed there. And the system settings you mentioned don’t impact this either. The good news is that the button is pretty much useless for regular users. They shouldn’t see any available names when clicking the Change User button. Only users with the Super User permission can actually use the button to change to a different user’s timesheet. 

If you REALLY want to hide the button, that could probably be done with some CSS syntax, either in the Global Custom CSS field or on one or more individual profiles’ Custom CSS fields. 

Hi there

Thank you for your response, unfortunately, on selecting the Change User they can see user names, and they only have a Team Member licence.  I thought it might have been profile based as I had created a profile for Team Member license users (i.e timesheet users) in February and these do not have the Change User button, however now when I copy the profile to create a similar profile it adds the Change User button in

I had found this information: Resource Managers Can View and Approve Timesheets - Planview Customer Success Center.