Skip to main content
Question

Create a workflow when an existing user is changed (Multi-Select Picklist field)

• 10 May 2024
  • 5 replies

Hi All, I am trying to create a workflow rule which sends a post when an existing user is changed to a new one, but because the field I am working on is a multi select , I am not getting an option to select it in the evaluation criteria, could anyone help on this?

Hello @Mayank Bajpai ,

I believe it should be fairly easy to create the workflow based on your use case with any other type of type but you seem to be using a multi-select pick list field which is new to me and piqued my interest.

While we wait for the other community members to share their recommendations/suggestions, can you please share snapshots of the workflow rule you are working on as they'd help better understand and suggest the best way forward?

Hello @Mayank Bajpai ,

I believe it should be fairly easy to create the workflow based on your use case with any other type of type but you seem to be using a multi-select pick list field which is new to me and piqued my interest.

While we wait for the other community members to share their recommendations/suggestions, can you please share snapshots of the workflow rule you are working on as they'd help better understand and suggest the best way forward?

Hi Sai, 

I am looking to create a workflow rule which sends a post when Learning Consultant field is updated. I am trying to use the evaluation criteria as “IsChanged(____)” however while checking in the formula options I am not able to find that field which I want to refer to 

Hello @Mayank Bajpai ,

Hi@Sai Sravan , 

I am looking to create a workflow rule which sends a post when Learning Consultant field is updated. I am trying to use the evaluation criteria as “IsChanged(____)” however while checking in the formula options I am not able to find that field which I want to refer to 

Hi Mayank

You need to make sure that the module you’re running the workflow on is the module that contains the field ‘Learning Consultant’.

If the field exists in the Request module for example, you would need to run the workflow on Requests.

We unfortunately have not enough information to understand the exact set-up to provide an ad-hoc answer.

Limor

Thank you, @Limori! Great catch on the module.

I did request @Mayank Bajpai to check the 'Pick lists’ tab in the 'Formula Options’ as he mentioned it's a 'Multi-select’ picklist type field but missed asking which module is this field created in😅
Upon checking, he added that this field did not pop-up in the pick list tab as well as it is being referenced from another custom object (link).