Skip to main content

Hello AdaptiveWork Champions, 

Typically this is relatively straight forward but running into all kinds of issues and could use some help. I am working with AdaptiveWork Emails related to Cases (Requests and Bugs) which is very old technology so it may simply not work anymore. However, here is what I am trying to accomplish…

Use Case - update State field on related entity (Cases) when an email is received, specifically when email From is not equal to Assigned To. This will tell the system that the requestor has replied to the case and the State should be changed from Pending response to Work in Progress. However, I am running into the following issues…

1. When building the Evaluation Criteria, I am not able to see Related Entity > <Cases Item>.Item Type to specify the rule to run only on Requests and Bugs with specific other data points.
  2. Fine, so I removed evaluation criteria to only run when the the related entity > ID was a certain value, still nothing
  3. Set evaluation to run all the time, still doesn't work!

I am starting to think that the V5 Post does not work with workflow.

Secondarily, has anyone been able to accomplish this and how? Thank you in advance.

...or maybe V5 Post does not even relate to the emails and this is not supported. 😵

Hey Boris,  using workflow or interact?

I think interact would be simpler as it monitors the email directly