Skip to main content
Solved

Dynamic layouts

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Is it possible for a dynamic layout created for a specific profile to run alongside the same profile’s default layout?

For example, we need a different layout for a type of project/process, accessible by a specific profile but we need to allow the members of that profile to switch between default and dynamic layouts.

Hello, 

This is not allowed with OOTB functionality. Either a user will use the default profile layout (property card) or a dynamic layout based on criteria (aka Project type). However, you could configure a “toggle” that users could trigger to switch views. Dynamic layouts are meant to replace the default profile property card not to be used in tandem with… but it can be done.

If you create a custom field on the object like on Project. You can then trigger the dynamic layout to be used when the toggle is checked and then it will go back to the default profile-based property card when unchecked. 

Note: this would require a view/browser reload.

Hi Boris,

Many thanks for your reply, appreciate. I’ll try your suggested workaround.

Best,

Jess

Is it possible to dynamically set the users view based on conditions? I know I can do this with the layouts but it would be beneficial if this was possible on the actual view.

Use Case: I want to automatically change the users view based on the project type.