Skip to main content

Hello everyone! 

I’m reaching out to gather some insights on how you manage to set a budget baseline for your projects after the initial project baseline has been established. Specifically, I’m curious about the following:

1. Does setting a new budget baseline overwrite all the existing information?
  2. Is there a way to set a new budget baseline without affecting other baselines?

Your experiences and tips would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and best practices!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Hi Maria, 

Taking a project baseline will set a baseline for Project and Financial data together. Resetting a baseline will overwrite the data from the previous Baseline for BOTH Project and Financial data - there is only 1 baseline. 

You will want to be sure the project schedule and budget are set properly before taking that initial baseline because of the points I made above. 

If you want to see changes to the Project overtime (“multiple baselines”), look into the snapshots/versions functionality! :) 

https://success.planview.com/Planview_AdaptiveWork/Work_Breakdown_Structure_(WBS)/Project_Version_Snapshots

Hope that helped, 

Mikayla

Thanks Mikayla, I will try out Versions and let you know