Skip to main content

Hello Planview community,

I’m looking to create a shared user group calendar in AW and am wondering if there’s a way to do this so that it feeds through all the Annual Leave input at each resource level.

The goal is for the team to have a calendar to reference for the group to see when team members are on leave in one calendar. I already enter leave at the individual level so is there a way to get it to feed into one consolidated calendar with the applicable group members? 

I’ve tried creating a new group calendar with the resources added but it does not bring through their leave.

Many thanks!

Hello @kayla.schwarz 

AdaptiveWork enables organisations to configure multiple calendars depending on the complexity of the organisation. You can choose to either use a single calendar to determine all the project scheduling and resource planning or incorporate calendars on different levels of teams and individuals or even with Project Constraints. 

We have 4 kinds of Calendars that can be configured at different levels. Organisation level, User group, User and at project level. You can create a group of users and use User Group calendar which would be a shared user group calendar. And post this use a User calendar which will typically use User group calendar as its base calendar with the addition of personal time off and other personal leaves. 

You can refer to the below link to access more information on working with calendars in AW and to learn configuring the same. 

https://success.planview.com/Planview_AdaptiveWork/Working_in_AdaptiveWork/Working_with_Calendars

Please do let us know if this helps you. 

Thanks 

Thank you Vikas for your reply to Kayla

What is important to add, is that when defining a group calendar, for it to become applicable for its group members, you need to ensure to click the ‘Apply on Members’ on the User Group.

Please also note that any user specific calendar settings (work pattern and/or exceptions) will always be more dominant over organizational or user group calendars (when in conflict).