Skip to main content
Question

How to override the auto-calculate for the % complete field

• 13 June 2024
  • 4 replies

I need to manually update the total % complete for a project and when I try, if the new value is lower than the current value it returns to the current value.  How do I work around this?

Thank you for your time.

Sharyn

One suggestion is to open up the “Impact Weight” column in your work plan and adjust the weights for work items. Usually AdaptiveWork is using the effort of the task to calculate how it is weighted in the roll-up. If you set an item’s Impact Weight to 0, that work item will not impact the % complete calculation for your project, and therefore will allow you to set a lower Project % complete. Hope this helps, and have a look at this page for more information on Impact Weight https://success.planview.com/Planview_AdaptiveWork/Working_in_AdaptiveWork/Reporting_Progress

@grant.mcallister Thank you - that fixed it!

Hi

You can include the field ‘Calculate %complete based on efforts’ and make sure it is not checked. This allows you to manually set your % complete. 

@Limori this will allow you to update the row for that part of the schedule.  I was referring to the ENTIRE project (rollup of all tasks) % complete.  Thank you.