Skip to main content

Hi there! I’m trying to create a report to show incomplete timesheets by resource(based on a 37.5 hour work week). I’ve had success generating a report to populate the total submitted and approved time...but am struggling to calculate a resources missing time. When I create the calculation “37.5 hours - timesheet duration” it gives me an error: Error: Data types Numeric and Duration not compatible for '-' operation.

Any ideas or recommendations are greatly appreciated :) 

Hi Kayla, 

It sounds like the formula field you created on the report is of type Numeric. Change it to Duration and then it will be of the same type and you should not receive the error.

Use hours(37.5) - timesheet duration instead :-)

Hello, we are new to AW and I am trying to build a similar report that would give back information on those who have not submitted any time for the week.  Are you able to share how you built your report to gather this data?

Hi, 

You can report on “not submitted” using an existing function IsEmptyOrZero(). This function is doucmented here:

https://success.planview.com/Planview_AdaptiveWork/Working_in_AdaptiveWork/Reports%2C_Functions%2C_and_Relation_Tables/AdaptiveWork_Functions/Logical_Functions/IsEmptyOrZero