Skip to main content
Solved

Is it possible to replicate Excel-like spreadsheet capability in AdaptiveWork?

• 17 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I had a excel sheet with multiple tabs. Now i want to add similar data in planview on run time without using data loader or without uploading file. E.g sku name, description, units, cost. Which component can best handle such dataset? I want this data to be available in all milestones. Can anyone share configuration?

Hi Deepti,

Many of my customers want to replicate Excel-like spreadsheet capability in AdaptiveWork. In these cases, I typically advise my clients that a grid view of related items will probably be the closest they can get to emulating rows in an Excel sheet. For example, think of a Milestone that has a number of Risk records associated with it. A view of the Milestone can include a Risks panel that has one row for each related Risk. In the case of SKUs related to a Milestone, the same concept can apply. Each SKU would need to be a SKU record, and would need to be related to the Milestone via either a link or a reverse reference-to-object field (thought that limits the capability). Since there’s no native SKU record type in AdaptiveWork, best practice would be to create a SKU Custom Object, including a custom link between SKUs and Milestones. Fields on the SKU record would include sku name (standard field), description (standard field), units (custom field), and cost (custom field).