Skip to main content

Hello everyone,

I hope you're doing well!

I wanted to reach out to the community regarding a peculiar issue I've encountered while importing a Microsoft Project into AW.

I've been attempting to import a Project with planned work hours specified for each task (as shown in the first screenshot). However, upon importing it into AW, I noticed that the task assignment appears to be off (as depicted in the second screenshot).

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced similar behavior or has any insights into what might be causing this discrepancy. Additionally, if anyone has discovered a workaround for this issue, I'd greatly appreciate any advice or suggestions you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help and expertise!

Best regards, 
Maca

Hello Maca,

We are so sorry for missing to share a response to your post!  

This indeed is a peculiar issue and maybe intermittent as there was only one mismatch and the best ways to go about in such times is to -

1. Raise a support ticket to investigate for a potential bug and the respective support engineer will recommend the way forward.

2. If you have subscribed for any of our services like Remote Advisory Services for example, you can reach out to your Customer Success Manager and request for setting up some time with our SMEs who'd not only be able to spend time with you for investigation but also help close any knowledge gaps, suggest any other efficient ways of doing things and bring more value especially if one of your focuses is looking at how you can continuously evolve your teams’ ways of working and collaborating.

We were glad to see that you had already logged a ticket with the Customer Care team and are closing working with the engineer on resolution.
Once again, sincere apologies for the delay in responding and we won't let this happen again.

Good day!

Thanks for following up Sai. Team is helping us with the investigation 🕵🏼

Hello Maria

I’m sure the support team will get you to the resolution.

Please be mindful that the discrepancy might be related to the work policy that is set as default in the global settings.

When it is set to Fixed Duration for example, it would set the duration of the task (as indicated in your screenshot above, duration was manually set and hence fixed), and then calculate the applicable work that can be accomplished during that timeframe and could therefore differ from what you expected.