Skip to main content
Solved

Removing Resources in the Capacity Module

• 22 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hey Gang, 

We’ve had a few leavers in different teams since implementing AW. As such, I have either suspended or deleted their accounts. 

However i’ve noticed that this does not remove them from the Capacity module which is very confusing. I cannot see a function that will only allow me to look at active resources, so...

1. Is there a way to remove them completely? 

Hi Hayley, even if suspended/deleted, this just hides the users. AdaptiveWork never actually deletes the user object. Regardless, the user in question is likely still part of one or more of the Resource groups used within Capacity Planning. Remove them from the Resource Group and they should go away. 

Hey again Boris @bkrutiy 

This worked. 

Funnily enough I had removed them from the group (or so I thought)...but I could still see they were associated even though I had removed them. So I had to unlink the user group for them in order for it to be reflected. 

Thanks again for your help! 

Apologies @Matt Bures and thank you for stepping in and correcting me. I’ve removed thic comment. 

@Niranjan Manohar what you stated is incorrect. You shared a link to PPM Pro and the question was for AdaptiveWork 🤦🏼🕵️. AW users can never be deleted from the system, as Boris stated.