Skip to main content
Solved

Resource Load Reports

• 11 June 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello

We have a number of very old resource load reports (created between 2015 and 2017) that we cannot edit except to add columns to it. I cannot edit as an Admin but was able to update the Owner to me but even that doesn’t allow me to edit the report. Is there a setting that I’m missing somewhere that needs to be enabled? Thank you :)

Can you perform a Save-As on the reports to save new copies of them, and if so, are those copies editable? If not, can you share a little more info regarding the limitation on editing except adding new columns? I’ve never encountered that before. Are all other options simply grayed-out, or is an error message thrown when you attempt to edit another aspect of the report? Can you duplicate a tab in the report and edit that?

Hi Drew,

Thanks for your response. See screenshot. Despite being able to change ownership of the report to myself--see report highlighted, the Edit button is greyed out and the only option is ‘Edit Columns’ which only allows me to add a column without going into the actual report. Nor is there a Save As button if I add a column. I’m wondering if there is a bug on this entire folder. There is another folder for Resource Utilization that I have no issues to ‘Save-As’.

Hi Jess,

I think I know what’s going on here, but the screenshot you shared is very interesting. When I view the Resource Load reports (these are standard out-of-the-box reports) in my system, I don’t see the Edit Columns button. I only see the Edit button. But it is grayed out for these reports, and for a valid reason. These are some of the old legacy reports that produce only an Excel file as their output. Therefore, they are not editable in the latest report editor. Here’s what I see when I run one in my demo instance: 

Update: Once I clicked the report name to run it, the Edit Columns button appeared; it is not grayed-out, and when I added a column, the resulting Excel spreadsheet did reflect my change. You may want to open a ticket with Planview Support on this one, as you’re seeing different behavior for the same report.

Hi Drew,

Thank you so much. This has helped quite a bit. I’ll open a ticket with Planview as suggested.

regards

Jess