Skip to main content

We are just setting up AdaptiveWork so I’m interested in comments on best practices on groups for the purposes of rates and resourcing.  We will have Group Job Titles in order to form Placeholder Resources with different rates (for example a cost/billing rate for an Engineer is different in Europe vs Asia vs US).  I am curious if people use these same groups also for Resourcing Groups that have Resource Managers?   That would lead me to more hierarchy with sub-groups… For example, within a region like Europe, we would have a Mechanical Team that would have Mechanical Engineers, Mechanical Lead Engineers, Mechanical Designers, etc.  that all have a common set of Resource Managers but different rates within the region.   

What are some best practices to consider when setting up groups?

Hi Tamara

Thank you for your question.

When you’re setting up those groups, especially when those are going to be marked as ‘Resourcing Groups’ with Resource Manager… please make sure that the sub-groups are marked as ‘primary’ groups within their parent group. The same is important for the group or sub-group members.

When you’re adding Job Titles to Groups or Sub-Groups (which is creating the Group Job Titles) you will be able to set a particular rate for that Job Title in a specific sub-group, which can be different from the rate of the same Job Title in another sub-group.

The differentiation of Job Titles across different sub-groups will be important when a project manager assigns work to a job title, as he/she will need to choose the applicable/relevant group.

Let me know if you need more information from the AdaptiveWork team.

I do invite other customers to share their best practices with you here.

:-)

Limor