Skip to main content
Question

Using Target Utilization in a Filter or Calculated Field in Reports

• 6 June 2024
  • 0 replies

Hello,

Could anyone offer advice on how to use the value in the Target Utilization field on a User record to filter or create a calculated fields in a report?

I want to create a reports to include users whose total assignments are less than Target Utilization. I have created a report (with Planview PS help) that shows all users, their total assignments, and their Target Utilization, but I can’t create the right filter to exclude users where Target Utilization is less than the total assignments. The only option in the filters options for Target Utilization is to enter a single value, but that does not work because each of our users has a different Target Utilization.

Below are some details on the report we have configured.

• Report on: User > Capacity Time Phase Data (Monthly) > Labor Time Phase Data (Monthly)
  • Leading columns: Grouping: <User>.ItemID, Target Utilization
  • Crosstab columns: Capacity, Task Assignment, Planned Utilization% (calculated field showing the value of Task Assignment/Capacity)

I am trying to get a list of users where the value in Target Utilization is more than the value in Planned Utilization%.

I have tried:

1. Add a filter for Target Utilization. This option only allows me to enter a defined value in Target Utilization (i.e., “90”). I need to be able to use a filter that is Target Utilization less than Planned Utilization%.
  2. Add a new calculated field in the report to use as a flag for when Target Utilization is less than Planned Utilization% (which could then be used in a filter). This option does not allow me to choose Target Utilization as a field to use in a calculation.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Carey

Be the first to reply!