Question

Functional Estimating

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Does anyone use the Functional Estimating capabilities within Planview Portfolios?  We are looking at this and although there is documentation on CSC I’m not finding it incredibly helpful. Would love to know how this is working for others, would you suggest the functionality to other PV customers, any gotchas or capability gaps?

Thank you!

Pam Sargent

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I’ve turned this on in our Sandbox environment a few months ago, but honestly couldn’t figure out how it worked.  I am wondering if this is one of the components of this product (like some of the community functions), that where hold overs from older versions.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

@Thbutler - I’m wondering the same thing. I meant to ask my CSM this week when we met but forgot to so may reach out to them as well.  I’m not fully understanding how it works and is value add, so far. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have a meeting with my CSM at the end of the month.  We are about to begin our annual planning process (still would be nice if we could leverage Planning, but that is another conversation).  I wonder if it is something we could use.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’d recommend using Experience Estimating over Functional Estimating.

You can use this to change project duration and/or effort, up and down, to quickly side a project based on a WBS template.

All Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), and requests of “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” according to the CCPA, must be submitted through the Planview DSAR portal located here.

Planview has appointed a Data Privacy Officer (DPO) to be responsible for overseeing our Privacy Management Program and related privacy compliance measures. DPO can be contacted at privacy@planview.com.