Skip to main content

I’ve been doing alot of configuring of tiles and creating some new column sets to go along with them.   I am finding that sometimes the column set specified in the tile definition doesn’t end up be the one shown.    Similarly, I find if I have a personal column set defined with a specified order of columns, if I change the order of columns directly in the view that the column set often will not go back to the original order of the columns in the column set as it was originally specified.   

I am wondering if this is a caching sort of issue?   Has anyone experienced this and/or have advice about how to manage?  Thanks!

@MGMullen - When you notice that the column set selected during the design of your tile (which I’m guessing is an analyze tile) is not the one that is displaying do you see a reset arrow when you are on the tile, like in this image?

For your inquiry about column set order, yes this is an ongoing issue that we have not heard a resolution for.  You’re welcome to vote on the enhancement idea, if you have not already, to try to push this up the Product team’s priority list: https://e1.spigit.com/e1prmcontinuous/Page/ViewIdea?ideaid=1993

What I tell my users is yes, you can rearrange the order of the columns easily by dragging and dropping, however there is no ability to reset to the default layout so be careful with that ability.

@MGMullen @pamela.sargent I recently had an issue reported where when a user creates a copy of a column set, removes/adds desired columns and then rearranges the order using drag and drop on the portfolio view screen, the order will revert back to the order in the Detail Column Set settings within a few months. First thought was when we update our versions this is happening. 

This seems like the opposite of what is being described here “ Similarly, I find if I have a personal column set defined with a specified order of columns, if I change the order of columns directly in the view that the column set often will not go back to the original order of the columns in the column set as it was originally specified”  

@LeannaM @MGMullen - it may be good to get confirmation from Planview if all those changes are housed in cache, thus clearing cache does revert back.  I have not seen this personally, but I also can’t keep track of the changes I make in my personal column sets. As a PV Admin I’m in so many all the time it’s hard to keep track. 

Without clearing cache it would be nice for the user to be able to “Restore to Default”, which is what the above enhancement request is for.