Skip to main content

Has anyone tried using WalkMe with Portfolios? We looked into it a while back and found it not to be worth the effort, but that wasn’t recent. I’m wondering if it has improved. It seems to me that there was something about Portfolios that made it hard to get content associated with specific screens or parts of the UI. 

Knowing some pros and cons would be very helpful.

Questions include:

• Is it cost prohibitive?
  • Does it require specific skills to set up?
  • How much work is involved in getting it up and running?
  • Is the maintenance load heavy?

Thanks!

Sue Ann Kendall

We went through a research initiative late last year to dig more into Digital Adoption Platforms. We found that Walk Me required more technical experience due to the need to write Jquery to select a screen element where the location may change but the name of the element does not change.

During our research we really liked WhatFix the best our of WalkMe, UserGuiding and Pendo.  I know Planview utilizes Pendo to push notifications and gather analytics on how users navigate.  These are things that WhatFix also does well.  The thing we liked most about WhatFix is that you could do a walk through and it would create a textual document that you could use as a job aid. So instead of creating both, walk throughs and textual documents, you could get 2 for the price of 1. 

One reason we did not move forward was that it was pretty pricey, they all were except UserGuiding, but it had less functionality. We also decided to hold off to see what Planview was doing because at the time they were having early discussions about Copilot and improving how users got help.  Looking at those things now, however, I’m not sure it would give us what we wanted and may revisit the potential for WhatFix. 

Very helpful, @pamela.sargent ! I think our concern with Copilot was that we’ve done so much customization of Portfolios that it would only work for us if it referenced our help collection, and not the CSC (which is more comprehensive, but uses different names and has menus we don’t use). Ideally we could customize Copilot, which may at some point be possible.