Question

Is there any type of advanced search on this site?

• 30 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I tried the common search terms with + and - signs, that seemed to be ignored.  There doesn’t seem to be anywhere to click on “Advanced Search”.  Without this capability, a customer can spend a lot of time searching and being frustrated by not finding specific relevant result sets.

3 replies

Badge

I could not agree more.  In short, I don’t think there’s any work around, but I hope Planview will consider a knowledge base update.  I have even had trouble finding definitions of terms and error messages.  A simple “what is ____” search return would be so helpful.  I’ve spent a ton of time reading articles only to realize it didn’t answer my question...again.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello @dale.cybela,

It is a little tricky to find the ‘Advanced Search’ button as it doesn't appear even when you click within the global search bar but if you type in a keyword and hit enter, the search fetches the results and also provides the users advanced filter options to further narrow down to what they are looking for.

For example - I input the keyword 'Slide publisher’ and hit enter or click 'view all’. 

Search Bar

The search results page allows the users to use the advanced filters to further narrow-down their search results. Filter options in the below image for your reference.

Search - Advanced Filters

There is also another option to further reduce your time taken for searches which is Category specific search. When you jump into a category - for example, AdaptiveWork, the dynamic search results (displayed directly under the search bar) are limited to that particular category. If you view the complete list of results, you will see potential matches from across the community, along with the advanced filter options.

Category Specific Search - AdaptiveWork (Category)
​​
Category Specific Search - Results with Advanced Filters

I hope the above helps!

Also, here is a link to an interesting on-going discussion in Gainsight community where users are sharing their thoughts and feedback to the Insided design teams as they are continuously working on improving the search experience for users so, I'd recommend you to take a look at that thread and drop in your thoughts as well.

Badge

The side “Search” filters is not flexible enough for what I am looking for.  I want to be able to use standard search capabilities with Boolean logic where my choice of search terns can be used.  The “Search” filters you are referring to cannot satisfy that requirement.

Is it really so hard to include standardized search capabilities of “And”/”OR”.  Or “Must Have” to help the user save time and frustration?

All Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs), and requests of “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” according to the CCPA, must be submitted through the Planview DSAR portal located here.

Planview has appointed a Data Privacy Officer (DPO) to be responsible for overseeing our Privacy Management Program and related privacy compliance measures. DPO can be contacted at privacy@planview.com.